Fire breaks out at a home near downtown Kitchener
Published Wednesday, May 17, 2017 6:45PM EDT
Last Updated Wednesday, May 17, 2017 11:18PM EDT
Flames were seen shooting out of a house in Kitchener Wednesday evening.
Firefighters were called to the home on Lancaster Street East around 6:15 p.m.
Officials believe the fire started at the back of the home and police say it was from a cigarette discarded on the balcony.
Lancaster Street was closed between Frederick and Krug streets as firefighters worked at the scene.
There is no word on a damage estimate.
If you are on the scene of breaking news and capture it with your mobile device, share your pictures or video with MyNews.