Four stations responded to a fire in Six Nations early Monday morning.

Crews arrived at the scene on 1st Line Road to find a car fully engulfed, and flames that had spread to the home.

The fire was encroaching on the natural gas meter and hydro lines.

Three residents inside the home had to be evacuated by firefighters and treated by paramedics who were waiting on scene.

One was taken to hospital after complaining of chest pains.

A firefighter was also injured while battling the blaze, suffering a possible ankle fracture.

Because of damage to the natural gas meter and hydro lines, firefighters had to wait for those crews to arrive before they could begin the overhaul of the outside of the home.

The vehicle was a complete loss but the house only suffered damage to the exterior.

The Ontario Fire Marshal’s office has been called in to investigate.