Skip to main content

Another charged in connection to Kitchener fight involving 20 youths

The area of Fischer-Hallman Road and Queen's Boulevard is seen on Nov. 17, 2022. (CTV Kitchener/Colton Wiens) The area of Fischer-Hallman Road and Queen's Boulevard is seen on Nov. 17, 2022. (CTV Kitchener/Colton Wiens)
Share

The Waterloo Regional Police Service (WRPS) has charged another youth in connection to a fight in Kitchener that involved 20 people and a firearm.

According to a Sunday news release, police were first called to the area of Fischer-Hallman Road and Queen's Boulevard, near Forest Heights Secondary School, around 12:15 p.m. on Nov. 16.

A youth and 18-year-old, both from Wilmot Township, had been previously charged.

Police have now arrested and charged a third youth from Kitchener with assault with a weapon, possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose, carrying a concealed weapon, and causing a disturbance.

The investigations is ongoing.

CTVNews.ca Top Stories

Here's where The Body Shop is closing in Canada

The Body Shop Canada Ltd. is shutting down more than 30 stores across Canada. The renowned beauty brand announced Friday it will start immediately liquidating nearly a third of its 105 stores.

First-time homebuyer incentive discontinued: CMHC

Canada's housing agency says it is ending the first-time homebuyer incentive program. Canada Mortgage and Housing Corp. says the deadline for new or updated submissions to the program is midnight eastern time on March 21.

Stay Connected