Veteran doctor barred from Guelph General Hospital
A Guelph General Hospital sign is seen on Friday, July 26, 2013.
Published Friday, July 26, 2013 4:32PM EDT
Dr. Roger Perron is no longer allowed to practice inside Guelph General Hospital.
The hospital board revoked Perron’s privileges for the building last week, citing a pattern of inappropriate behaviour.
“There’s been a long history of disruptive behaviour,” hospital president Richard Ernst tells CTV News.
Perron has an obstetric and gynecological practice on Dawson Road.
Ernst wouldn’t specify what behaviour prompted the unusual measure – the first in Ernst’s 26-year association with the hospital – but did say that it had nothing to do with his clinical competence.
With six full-time and five part-time doctors working in the hospital’s obstetrics and gynecology department, Ernst says patients won’t be affected by the move.
“We don’t expect any disruptions,” he says.
Attempts to reach Perron for comment Friday were unsuccessful.
If you are on the scene of breaking news and capture it with your mobile device, share your pictures or video with MyNews.
Kitchener Weather Change city
-1 °CLight snow