Unusual smell gives driver early warning of car fire
A car is taken away following a fire in the Bishop Street and Can-Amera Parkway area on Monday, Sept. 5, 2016.
Ryan Flanagan, CTV Kitchener
Published Tuesday, September 6, 2016 10:48AM EDT
An electrical or mechanical malfunction is believed to be to blame for a car fire in Cambridge.
Firefighters were called to the fire Sunday evening, in the area of Bishop Street North and the Can-Amera Parkway.
They say the driver had noticed a funny smell while driving, and pulled over.
The fire was quickly extinguished.