RECIPE: Grilled chicken and arugula sandwich from Emily Richards
Published Friday, June 2, 2023 7:03PM EDT
Sandwiches sometimes need a zip for flavour so try out the combination of sundried tomatoes and mustard. This sandwich brings a brightness with grilled chicken and smoked cheese too.
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby arugula leaves
- 8 oz (250 g) grilled chicken breasts, sliced
- 8 slices smoked mozzarella or provolone cheese
- 2 grilled red peppers, seeded and sliced
Sundried Tomato Mayonnaise:
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped sundried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano
- 4 small ciabatta or kaiser buns, halved
Instructions: In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sundried tomatoes, mustard and oregano. Spread over inside of each bun.