A manhunt ended Wednesday evening after a shooting in Six Nations killed one person and injured two others.

Six Nations Police confirmed one of the victims succumbed to their injuries in hospital. Police will not release the identity of the victim until the family has been notified.

Three people were arrested in connection with the shooting Wednesday evening.

Police said earlier they were looking for Irvine Maracle and Dwight Walton in connection with the shooting, which they believe was done in retaliation for an earlier assault.

“It’s over an incident that occurred last evening (or) early this morning,” Insp. Darren Montour told reporters.

“It’s not a random event.”

Six Nations shooting
Police investigate a shooting that injured three people in Six Nations on Wednesday, June 1, 2016. (Dan Lauckner / CTV Kitchener)

Maracle and Walton are father and son, police said, and a third person is believed to have been involved. Everyone involved is believed to live on the reserve.

Police said they were looking for a black 1997 GMC Sierra in connection with the shooting.

“It’s got a cab on the back and no door hatch on the cab itself,” Montour said.

Six Nations shooting
An air ambulance takes off following a shooting in Six Nations on Wednesday, June 1, 2016. (David Ritchie)

The shooting was reported around 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at a property on First Line, near Chiefswood Road south of Ohsweken.

According to a spokesperson for the Ornge air ambulance agency, one person was airlifted to Hamilton General Hospital in critical condition after being shot in the upper body.

Police say a second victim was in “very serious condition,” while the third was treated for his injuries and then left the area on foot.

All three are believed to have been inside a vehicle when they were shot.

Six Nations shooting
A roadblock is seen at the edge of a police investigation after three people were shot south of Ohsweken on Wednesday, June 1, 2016. (Dan Lauckner / CTV Kitchener)

Chiefswood was closed between Second Line Road and Townline Road – a five-kilometre stretch – as police investigated the shooting.

At the scene, police officers were visible with weapons drawn.

Nobody was allowed past their roadblock, including residents of the area.