Articles by Spencer Turcotte
- Businesses weigh in on government’s plan to reduce credit card fees
- Hamilton family raising awareness about Strep A after sudden death of toddler
- Guelph, Ont. researchers link nitrate to heart health
- Computer science meets cinema: University of Waterloo researchers closely analyze colour in films
- Work perk: Guelph engineering firm helps employees buy a home
- 'It’s one of our busiest holidays': Mathematicians and local bakers celebrate Pi Day
- Kitchener, Ont. artist on a mission to draw one bird a day for a year
- Cambridge high school benefits from provincial funding for high-tech equipment
- Kitchener rapper picks up first-ever Juno nomination
- Tiny Waterloo robot takes inspiration from geckos and inchworms
Spencer Turcotte joined the CTV Kitchener team in July 2019.
He graduated from Ryerson University’s journalism program with distinction and minored in sociology. Before joining CTV Kitchener, he interned at CTV Toronto and covered multiple elections for the Canadian Media Elections Consortium.
Spencer was also a reporter and video producer for J-Source, where some of his work was republished in Harvard’s Nieman Journalism Lab.
He was awarded the 2019 Jeff Junke Memorial Award from Ryerson University.
Spencer grew up in Milton, Ont. but is no stranger to Waterloo Region. He played competitive volleyball and attended the Ontario Volleyball Championships for many years at RIM Park in Waterloo.
When he's not working, Spencer is usually at the gym or watching the Toronto Raptors. He endured some rough seasons as a fan, but was thrilled to finally see the Raptors become NBA champions on the same day he graduated university.
Spencer speaks English and understands conversational French.
Follow him on Twitter: @SpencerCTV
Follow him on Facebook: SpencerCTV
Follow him on Instagram: spencer_turcotte