Articles by Spencer Turcotte
- Miniature village hidden in Ingersoll, Ont. sparks community curiosity
- Mosquito mayhem: Why the pests are so bad this year in Ontario
- Kitchener business owner reeling after intentional fire scorches building
- Local fairs and festivals struggling due to lack of volunteers
- DJ dad in Guelph, Ont. brings his beats to the streets on the back of stroller
- Death of on-duty OPP officer highlights mental toll on first responders
- Kitchener considers licensing Airbnb-type rentals
- Cambridge woman reaches the top of Mount Everest
- 53 people living at three main encampments in Waterloo region: Report
- How one man helped a dead deer birth a fawn
Spencer Turcotte joined the CTV Kitchener team in July 2019.
He graduated from Ryerson University’s journalism program with distinction and minored in sociology. Before joining CTV Kitchener, he interned at CTV Toronto and covered multiple elections for the Canadian Media Elections Consortium.
Spencer was also a reporter and video producer for J-Source, where some of his work was republished in Harvard’s Nieman Journalism Lab.
He was awarded the 2019 Jeff Junke Memorial Award from Ryerson University.
Spencer grew up in Milton, Ont. but is no stranger to Waterloo Region. He played competitive volleyball and attended the Ontario Volleyball Championships for many years at RIM Park in Waterloo.
When he's not working, Spencer is usually at the gym or watching the Toronto Raptors. He endured some rough seasons as a fan, but was thrilled to finally see the Raptors become NBA champions on the same day he graduated university.
Spencer speaks English and understands conversational French.
Follow him on Twitter: @SpencerCTV
Follow him on Facebook: SpencerCTV
Follow him on Instagram: spencer_turcotte