Articles by Spencer Turcotte
- Kitchener considers licensing Airbnb-type rentals
- Cambridge woman reaches the top of Mount Everest
- 53 people living at three main encampments in Waterloo region: Report
- How one man helped a dead deer birth a fawn
- Petersburg residents kick up dust over another proposed pit
- Kitchener restaurant asking for deposits to reserve a table after rising number of no-shows
- Large fire foils preparations for redevelopment at The Hopper in Cambridge
- Fire destroys four townhouses under construction in Brantford
- 'I'm a registered nurse with advanced training': Nurse practitioners at St. Mary's General Hospital providing leading care in cardiac centre
- Grand River Hospital program is turning nursing students into staff members
Spencer Turcotte joined the CTV Kitchener team in July 2019.
He graduated from Ryerson University’s journalism program with distinction and minored in sociology. Before joining CTV Kitchener, he interned at CTV Toronto and covered multiple elections for the Canadian Media Elections Consortium.
Spencer was also a reporter and video producer for J-Source, where some of his work was republished in Harvard’s Nieman Journalism Lab.
He was awarded the 2019 Jeff Junke Memorial Award from Ryerson University.
Spencer grew up in Milton, Ont. but is no stranger to Waterloo Region. He played competitive volleyball and attended the Ontario Volleyball Championships for many years at RIM Park in Waterloo.
When he's not working, Spencer is usually at the gym or watching the Toronto Raptors. He endured some rough seasons as a fan, but was thrilled to finally see the Raptors become NBA champions on the same day he graduated university.
Spencer speaks English and understands conversational French.
Follow him on Twitter: @SpencerCTV
Follow him on Facebook: SpencerCTV
Follow him on Instagram: spencer_turcotte