Articles by Chris Thomson
- 99 per cent of Waterloo region against hospital privatization, says health coalition
- Employee poked in the eye during cigarette theft: Guelph police
- Neighbours shaken after house hit with gunfire in Brantford
- Resident wakes up to someone breaking in, Kitchener man later arrested: WRPS
- Four-person robbery results in stab wounds: WRPS
- Police release photo in connection to alleged assault in Cambridge
- Police take 16 vehicles off the road in Erin, Ont. enforcement blitz
- Three-vehicle crash in Wellington County leaves one dead
- Man arrested for attempted murder, another seriously hurt in Kitchener shooting
- Report of impaired driver leads to a dozen drug trafficking charges for Kitchener man
Chris Thomson is a Multimedia Journalist for CTV Kitchener who joined the news team in January of 2019.
Born and raised in New Hamburg and now living in Kitchener, he takes pride in his local connections and is passionate about telling a wide range of stories using a wide range of mediums.
Chris honed his storytelling abilities at Ryerson University’s Journalism program. During this time he was awarded the Ruth Hancock National Scholarship for Broadcasting excellence.
He’s had roles at the New Hamburg Independent, radio stations in Woodstock and Stratford, and even out east at This Hour Has 22 Minutes.
In his spare time, Chris enjoys crossing up defenders on the basketball court, creative writing, composing music, and watching as many movies and TV shows as humanly possible.