Articles by Chris Thomson
- Suspicious fire causes $100,000 in damange to old bowling alley in Cambridge
- 21 cases of whooping cough in Huron Perth so far this year
- Kitchener man arrested for alleged death threats against local elected official
- Ontario man fails driving test, almost hits 4 people with vehicle before doing burnouts in parking lot: police
- Two suspects at large after youth allegedly assaulted with mini baseball bat in Kitchener
- Two Guelph churches broken into over weekend
- Youth injured after being shot by BB gun near mall: WRPS
- Justin Trudeau stops in Guelph to launch $4 billion housing fund
- Man accused of masturbating at Guelph business on two different days
- Youths arrested after demanding victim 'take off their clothing' at knifepoint: WRPS
Chris Thomson is a Multimedia Journalist for CTV Kitchener who joined the news team in January of 2019.
Born and raised in New Hamburg and now living in Kitchener, he takes pride in his local connections and is passionate about telling a wide range of stories using a wide range of mediums.
Chris honed his storytelling abilities at Ryerson University’s Journalism program. During this time he was awarded the Ruth Hancock National Scholarship for Broadcasting excellence.
He’s had roles at the New Hamburg Independent, radio stations in Woodstock and Stratford, and even out east at This Hour Has 22 Minutes.
In his spare time, Chris enjoys crossing up defenders on the basketball court, creative writing, composing music, and watching as many movies and TV shows as humanly possible.