Articles by Chris Thomson
- Car thieves try to steal vehicle they crashed into, tracked down by police dog: WRPS
- Dump truck gets caught in hydro wires, Norfolk County road closed
- Roommate argument escalates to baseball bat swinging: Guelph police
- Police looking for 2 suspects who allegedly robbed Cambridge convenience store
- Cashier at St. Marys Foodland stops fraud at counter: Stratford police
- Suspicious fire causes $100,000 in damage to old bowling alley in Cambridge
- 21 cases of whooping cough in Huron Perth so far this year
- Kitchener man arrested for alleged death threats against local elected official
- Ontario man fails driving test, almost hits 4 people with vehicle before doing burnouts in parking lot: police
- Two suspects at large after youth allegedly assaulted with mini baseball bat in Kitchener
Chris Thomson is a Multimedia Journalist for CTV Kitchener who joined the news team in January of 2019.
Born and raised in New Hamburg and now living in Kitchener, he takes pride in his local connections and is passionate about telling a wide range of stories using a wide range of mediums.
Chris honed his storytelling abilities at Ryerson University’s Journalism program. During this time he was awarded the Ruth Hancock National Scholarship for Broadcasting excellence.
He’s had roles at the New Hamburg Independent, radio stations in Woodstock and Stratford, and even out east at This Hour Has 22 Minutes.
In his spare time, Chris enjoys crossing up defenders on the basketball court, creative writing, composing music, and watching as many movies and TV shows as humanly possible.