Here's what's open and closed on Victoria Day
A crowd looks at the classic cars as part of the Victoria Day festivities in New Dundee on May 18, 2015.
Here’s a look at what’s open and closed, as people head to cottage country for the Victoria Day long weekend.
What's open on Monday:
- Movie theatres
- Most restaurants
- Waterloo Region Museum is open, 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. with daily gallery activities.
- Doon Heritage Village open for the season
What's closed on Monday:
- Fairview Park Mall, Conestoga Mall, Cambridge Centre
- LCBO and Beer Stores
- Most banks
- Public libraries
- Most recreation centres
- Most federal, municipal, and provincial buildings
- Post offices
- Museums: Joseph Schneider Haus, McDougall Cottage
- Grocery stores, Zehrs, Sobeys, No Frills
- GRT operating on a Sunday schedule
- GO trains – Saturday Schedule
- Conestogo: Conestogo Park - Saturday at 10 p.m
- New Dundee - Doug Fischer Memorial Park – Monday at 9pm