Victoria Day 2017: What’s open, what’s closed and when to set off fireworks
(CTV Ottawa file photo)
Published Thursday, May 18, 2017 4:07PM EDT
For many people, the Victoria Day long weekend marks the unofficial start of summer.
And what’s a better way to kick off the season than with fireworks?
In Kitchener, fireworks can be set off on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday. Cambridge has an extended fireworks period, with Saturday and Wednesday displays legal, while Waterloo allows fireworks for the entire week before and week after Victoria Day.
Here’s a look at how the Victoria Day long weekend affects local businesses, organizations and services:
- On Monday, Grand River Transit will operate on a Sunday schedule
- Curbside garbage, recycling and green bins will be picked up as usual on Monday
- Canada Post will not deliver mail on Monday
- Kitchener Public Library, Waterloo Public Library, Idea Exchange and Region of Waterloo Library branches will be closed on Monday
- Many supermarkets and pharmacies are closed Monday; check your local store for details
- LCBO and The Beer Store locations are closed Monday
- The Aud will be open Monday for the K-W Kennel Club’s dog show and trials and other scheduled rentals
- Most municipal buildings and offices will be closed on Monday
If you are on the scene of breaking news and capture it with your mobile device, share your pictures or video with MyNews.