Police release names in London riot arrests
Published Wednesday, March 21, 2012 1:28PM EDT
London police have released the details of the charges against 15 people arrested in connection with the Fleming Drive riot on St. Patrick's Day.
Two people are young offenders and three people were arrested and charged with being intoxicated in a public place. Those names have not been released.
Police say six of the 15 people arrested are currently Fanshawe College students.
However, Veronica Barahona, Fanshawe Student Union president, confirms eight students remain under suspension.
The majority of those arrested have been charged with "being a member of an unlawful assembly" while a number face additional criminal code charges.
Those charged with unlawful assembly include:
- Jacob Biggelar, 19
- Jordan DeRose, 18
- Peter Donohoe, 19
- Michael King, 19
- Kory Puklicz, 19
- One young offender, 15
- Blaine Mills, 21, also charged with two counts assault police with weapon
- Michael Moore, 20, also charged with mischief under $5,000
- Ryan McMahon, 24, also charged with mischief under $5,000
- One young offender, 15, also charged with two counts of assaulting police with a weapon
Also charged are:
- Brian Garton, 25, charged with obstructing police
- Stephania Smieja-Henry, 20, charged with obstructing police and resisting arrest
A mob of about 1,000 people took to the streets in the Fleming Drive area on Saturday night, torching a CTV News van and throwing bricks and beer bottles at police.
The area is heavily populated by students and just blocks from Fanshawe College.
Some involved have discussed their involvement on social media websites, and more arrests are still possible.
Police say they have received over 150 tips from the public and anyone with information is asked to contact their tip line at 519-660-5842, firstname.lastname@example.org or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.