Fire at pet boarding business quickly contained
Firefighters were called to a pet grooming and boarding business on Trussler Road in Wilmot on Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2016.
Published Thursday, January 14, 2016 1:51PM EST
No animals were injured Wednesday night when fire broke out at a pet boarding business just west of Kitchener.
Crews from Kitchener, Baden and New Dundee were called to Countryside on Trussler Road just after 6 p.m.
The fire is believed to have started on the stove of an apartment above a horse barn, after plastic ignited on the stove.
Horses were taken out of the barn as a precaution.
The fire was quickly extinguished. The apartment suffered some smoke damage.
Countryside handles boarding and grooming of various household pets.
If you are on the scene of breaking news and capture it with your mobile device, share your pictures or video with MyNews.
Kitchener Weather Change city
2 °CLight rain