Brantford woman recovering after venomous snake bite
The Canadian Press
Published Friday, August 10, 2012 11:59AM EDT
Last Updated Friday, August 10, 2012 6:26PM EDT
Staff from a reptile zoo near Peterborough came to the rescue of a Brantford woman who was bitten on the arm by a venomous snake.
The Indian River Reptile Zoo staff rushed to Brantford General Hospital yesterday -- about 250 kilometres away -- armed with the rare anti-venom for the copperhead snake bite.
The woman, who was not identified, is expected to make a full recovery.
But there are few details about how she happened to be bitten by the copperhead, which is native to the southern U.S.
A four-year-old, three-and-a-half foot copperhead snake is seen at the home of Chuck Hurd near Gate City, Va. on Feb. 23, 2011.
If you are on the scene of breaking news and capture it with your mobile device, share your pictures or video with MyNews.
Kitchener Weather Change city